We interviewed a host of brilliant artists and technicians for our book Curtain Call: A Year Backstage in London Theatre. Here are some of our favourite quotes.
1. "Once the show starts, you strap in and it's two hours until it crashes." (Mark Strong, p31)
2. "I never imagined I would play this part. Sometimes the parts that are everything you're not are the ones that inspire you." (Dame Harriet Walter, p95)
3. "Acting with Imelda is... I cannot describe it. You don't even have to act because you just listen to her and you are in that moment." (Lauren Hall, p136)
4. "When you're at the helm of something, it's up to you to ensure everybody feels special. You want to be the one to provide the glue to knit everything together." (Beverley Knight, p239)
5. "It's incredible to think, 'This is what I do for a living.'" (David Suchet CBE, p319)
All images © Matt HumphreyBack to news